You can use DVD neXt COPY to make a backup copy
of personally authored DVDs or non protected movies. Many commercial
movies are protected. Not all movies are protected. Unfortunately,
current interpretation of laws in some countries, including
the US, prohibits distribution of software that has the ability
to copy commerical movies. In order to backup DVD movies which
are protected, an additional file is required.
May people live outside the United States, and
the laws in other countries are not the same as those in the
U.S. If you live in a country where you are allowed to freely
use available DVD software you can download this plugin and
and use it for purposes permitted in your country.
If you live in the United States, please understand
that the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) passed in 1998
does not expressly prohibit consumers from making backup copies
of digital works - only the sale & distribution of tools
that circumvent copy prevention technologies.
Libdvdcss-2.dll is a cross-platform library for transparent DVD device access with on-the-fly CSS decryption. It is used by libdvdread and most DVD players such as VLC because of its portability and because, unlike similar libraries, it does not require your DVD drive to be region locked.
Here are some key features of "libdvdcss":
• Simplicity. There are currently 7 functions in the API.
• Freedom. libdvdcss is released under the General Public License, ensuring it will stay free.
• Just better. Unlike most similar projects, libdvdcss doesn't require the region of your drive to be set.
To install Libdvdcss-2.dll follow these steps...
1. Click to download below.
2. Click on Save.
3. In the Save in field at the top of that window, browse to C drive\Program Files\DVDneXtCOPY 4 and click Save.
4. Close the Download complete window, reboot your computer and run the software.You will now be able go to Settings and the Copy Tab to select the libdvdcss-2.dll as one of your decrypters.